couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.2.0
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:10:52 GMT
The issue Dave was hitting turns out not to be a concern. He was
comparing the MD5's of attachments that were separately gzipped (it
just happened that one machine was Windows and the other Linux). Since
compressing the same input with gzip usually gives different output,
the md5's were different anyway, and therefore so were the ETag
response headers.

I'd say it's too late for the ibrowse fix but we should pick it up for 1.3

B.