couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chas Emerick <c...@cemerick.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.2.0
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 02:40:09 GMT

On Jan 11, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> What would the OS X equivalent be? A GUI installer, or
> something like CouchDB X? Do we have any Cocoa developers willing to build
> and maintain a Mac OS X installer?

I can't say that I'm a Cocoa Developer per se, but this is something I want, and have been
tinkering around the edges of a Couchbase Single-style (i.e. a menubar item, default [or any]
browser for futon, logs in ~/Library/Logs via Console.app, etc) binary using rcouch (https://github.com/refuge/rcouch)
for a binary.

That said, it seems that it's still an open question as to whether Couchbase Single itself
is being / will be contributed.  If that is a 'no', then I'll spike something in relatively
short order.

(Also, I'm totally green around here; not sure if that matters or not...)

- Chas