couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.2.0
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:29:45 GMT
What about "just" bringing couchdbx up to date? I assumed that's what the couchbase binary
was (though am very likely wrong). Might be simpler than starting afresh. Happy to test, and
might find time to give the code a refresh too.

On 12 Jan 2012, at 02:40, Chas Emerick <chas@cemerick.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> What would the OS X equivalent be? A GUI installer, or
>> something like CouchDB X? Do we have any Cocoa developers willing to build
>> and maintain a Mac OS X installer?
>
> I can't say that I'm a Cocoa Developer per se, but this is something I want, and have
been tinkering around the edges of a Couchbase Single-style (i.e. a menubar item, default
[or any] browser for futon, logs in ~/Library/Logs via Console.app, etc) binary using rcouch
(https://github.com/refuge/rcouch) for a binary.

> That said, it seems that it's still an open question as to whether Couchbase Single itself
is being / will be contributed.  If that is a 'no', then I'll spike something in relatively
short order.