couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From boxidilshan <dilshanb...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB AJAX interaction
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 06:22:26 GMT
I'm writing a CouchDB sample. My intention is to write a web app using AJAX
and deploy it in the tomcat environment. As I use the CouchDB I would like
to know the way to interact with the CouchDB server. However there were few
examples but I have few concerns over that.

1) As my application is deployed in a web server is it possible to connect
with a CouchDB outside? Many examples uses apps which are deployed in
CouchApp or Couch environment itself.

2) If so will it end up with cross domain issues. I found this in here

Connection AJAX, CouchDB and JavaScript

However will this be a problem? Is this the correct way to achieve this?

3) To omit above issues is it possible to use some server side javascript
implementation as an example Rhino?

http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/doc.html

4) If I use Rhino above it wont allow many java script libraries to use. How
do I interact with CouchDB then? Do I have to invoke native Javascript? Cant
I use something like JQuery?

5) What are the best libraries for client side to achieve my goal?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you