couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git at apache, how's your test run going?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 02:22:45 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Dan Dumont <ddumont@apache.org> wrote:
> I've heard that you guys are a pilot project for using Git at apache.
>  How are things going?
>
> I've been linked the 3 or so documents describing the criteria for success:
> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitSuccessCriteria
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide
> https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/GitJiraIntegration
>
> but I didn't see any mention of a timeline or progress made towards those goals.
> It looks like the project kicked off in late September of 2011, how
> long was it expected to run before enough information would be
> collected to make a decision about the possibility of other projects
> moving as well? I'm not asking if you plan on resuming your SVN
> access, I guess I'm just eager to read about progress on this topic :)
>

> Thanks,
> Dan

Dan,

Things are going well so far. The initial tests were mostly aimed at
exercising the hosting hooks for the infra group as well as to have a
place to document work flows with the use.

The current situation is that there are a handful of other ASF
projects that have had proposals accepted to make the switch so that
we can expand the experiment a bit further and have more input.

If you'd like to keep more abreast of the goings on the two best
places to check are infrastructure-dev@ for significant updates as
well as #asfinfra on freenode if you have specific questions on
progress. Feel free to ping me either place.