couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "ContributorsGroup" by NoahSlater
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:16:05 GMT

On Nov 17, 2011, at 23:45 , Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 17 November 2011 21:45, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Dear Wiki user,
>>>
>>> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change
notification.

>>> The "ContributorsGroup" page has been changed by NoahSlater:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ContributorsGroup?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3
>>>
>>> Comment:
>>> Jan wants to write something.
>>>
>>>  Related: [[AdminGroup| Administrators]] with permission to grant privileges
to Contributors, in addition to being Contributors themselves.

>>>   * AdminGroup
>>> +  * JanLehnardt
>>>   * (add people's wiki usernames here)
>>>

>> I humbly request the privilege of contributer to the wiki…. is this
>> really how we need to do it?
>>
>> DaveCottlehuber
>>
>> A+
>> Dave
>>

> Done. And yes. Spam was getting terrible to keep reverting. Barrier to
> entry is less than minimal. Anyone that requests access on any mailing
> list or IRC gets it. Theoretically we should be able to cull a list of
> initial names from people that've made edits if anyone wants to write
> that script.

I degraded myself to be that script and pulled out half a year of
contributors into a list that I'm happy to add to the contributors.
I'm not sure how to do that though :)

> Also, we should add a note somewhere about how to request edit access.

Would it be ok to have a link to http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ContributorsGroup on the top
of every page?

Cheers
Jan