couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the great git project
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:48:08 GMT
Hello all,

i have had a long discussion on members@ recently on couchdb and git.
I am also here to help.

My main concern was, that nobody were able to tell me how long this
"experiment" would run and how success will be measured. There is
still no answer, but i think this is crucial.

As some of you hopefully know, there is an expectation that couchdb
delivers guidelines how to use git @ asf. If they are not done in a
reasonable time (i have heard 4 months), couchdb will be reverted back
to svn.

The board has mentioned several community aspects we need to cover.
I am not sure if there are still technical issues which need to be covered.

Anyway, I would like to suggest we do:

a) set up a wikipage, in which we can collect all upcoming concerns
and questions
b) try to report on git@couchdb regulary, best all 4 weeks
c) try to outline how you are working here and the problems wchi might
occur when looking at a)
d) hopefully deliver a strong and great document which can be voted upon on

I have some concerns already in my inbox, so I am volunteering to post
them to the wiki page as first step. Just.... where?

I hope my suggestion is OK for you. I am open to other proposals of
course, I just want to make git coming to the asf.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de