couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "ContributorsGroup" by NoahSlater
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:45:25 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 17 November 2011 21:45, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
>> Dear Wiki user,
>>
>> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change
notification.

>> The "ContributorsGroup" page has been changed by NoahSlater:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ContributorsGroup?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3
>>
>> Comment:
>> Jan wants to write something.
>>
>>  Related: [[AdminGroup| Administrators]] with permission to grant privileges to
Contributors, in addition to being Contributors themselves.

>>   * AdminGroup
>> +  * JanLehnardt
>>   * (add people's wiki usernames here)
>>

> I humbly request the privilege of contributer to the wiki…. is this
> really how we need to do it?
>
> DaveCottlehuber
>
> A+
> Dave

Done. And yes. Spam was getting terrible to keep reverting. Barrier to
entry is less than minimal. Anyone that requests access on any mailing
list or IRC gets it. Theoretically we should be able to cull a list of
initial names from people that've made edits if anyone wants to write
that script.

Also, we should add a note somewhere about how to request edit access.