couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kicking the tyres - improving the website, wiki, docs
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 00:29:12 GMT
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> Where are we at on agreeing improving the couchdb.apache.org landing
> page, the wiki, and working on better documentation?
>
> I believe we're pretty close to a consensus now, so over the weekend
> I'll summarise the lengthy discussions and put a proposal forwards to
> vote on. If we need that to make it official. And get people working
> on it.
>
> Feel free to use this thread if you have further comments after
> reading your homework:
>
> website [1]: http://bit.ly/rTt0kV
> wiki [2]: http://bit.ly/vJDITc
> docs [3]: http://bit.ly/ufasCB
>
> A+
> Dave

For the design of the website none of the proposals have convinced me.
But it's indeed time to rework a little the website. I think the first
thing to do would be to collect people expectations of such site
before starting anything.

The wiki ?

+1 for the doc. Jan what is the current status of discussions to
integrate the docs created by couchone ?

- benoit