couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: python couchdb data collection stops
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:25:09 GMT
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM, magnetpest2k5 <grittygeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using couchdb to store twitter data. I found that couchdb stops updating
> its data base though I keep getting the twitter data. I basically store the
> dictionary that contains twitter data by using the python couchdb save
> method, db.save(twitter_dic) where db is the database instance. I find that
> some times I get 3GB of data and couchdb stops storing, sometimes it stops
> storing even when it reaches 0.6GB. I don't know what is the reason. If some
> one have come across similar situation please help me out. Is there any
> better method to store the data using python wrapper?

Hi,

Few short thoughts:
- Get to know what error have you got: python one and what is in couch logs?
- Have you reached max document size?
- Try to store same data via curl - if this test passed, so there is
not CouchDB problem
- In last case you have to fill issue at ticket
http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/issues/list to let us to not
forget about this situation(;

P.S. IRL, imho, you have to keep documents smaller as they could be to
have lesser memory usage and faster documents processing by CouchDB
and it's clients.

--