couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB new docs proposal
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:14:26 GMT
For me, the goal would be for docs/ to contain at least a brief
description of every couchdb feature. I specifically don't expect to
see introductory text, example views, tutorials, etc, except where
needed to describe core features. One thing we've missed for a long
time, and Couchbase had to step in and fill this gap for us, is a
genuinely comprehensive list of everything couchdb can do (all those
funny corners like ?batch=ok, all_or_nothing, etc).

I hope this answers your secondary questions, but I'd add that I'd
expect to see the docs/ folder used to seed the wiki and other
documentation efforts. It would become part of our procedure to insist
that a commit that adds a feature also adds documentation for that
feature (the way it ought to include verifying tests).

B.