couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conflict resolution protocol
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:34:35 GMT
There isn't one. There's only an algorithm to choose which conflict is
shown if you are ignoring conflicts. Resolution must be done by client
actions (deleting the revisions you don't want). The heuristic
algorithm used attempts to shown the most reasonable available option
(the one with the longest revision history, with ties broken by the
sort order of the revisions if necessary).

B.