couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: the great git project
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:41:19 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 03:05, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Hey folks, some you may remember me from such projects as PhoneGap
> which is now under incubation as Callback. Our mentors have informed
> us in order for Git to be accepted the CouchDB 'experiment' must
> succeed. So we are joining you here to help see that the experiment
> does succeed, and as fast as possible!

Excellent! Paul Davis has been spearheading the git move.

> We have been informed that documentation on the process of
> contribution via Git in "the Apache Way" has yet to be writ (or is
> possibly has been started but isn't yet complete). Seems like a good
> place to start --- can you point me at the appropriate starting point
> for contribution here? Also any other suggestions required steps
> really appreciated!

There's little difference in contributions between git and svn. Our
workflow so far has still been to accept patches via JIRA with the
"Grant license to ASF..." checkbox.

There are some hooks on the Apache infra side that prevent certain
verboten histories from occurring. Paul can elaborate on those.

For release documents, this is up to date and was used for CouchDB's
1.1.1 release: https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_procedure

That's all I got for now.

-Randall