couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB new docs proposal
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:49:50 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 15:09, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> Do you think stuff like coding standards, and conventions, might be better
> documented on the wiki?

I don't have any problem with developer documentation in the source
and installed documentation. For one, as we develop our plugin system
some plugin developers may develop against couch using just the .hrl
files from an installation. These plugins may want to increase their
chance of going upstream by following the project coding conventions.

> I was seeing this as more of an appendix style look-up for regular CouchDB
> users.
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Joan Touzet <> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:40:41PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
>> > Cool idea.
>> Agreed! As part of the coursework I'm planning for January, I can start
>> contributing back class notes and information as well. This would be the
>> start of documentation about how the code is laid out, formatting, etc.
>> I see this as complementary, and whoever signs up for the course can
>> also contribute at least 30-60 minutes of documentation cleanup as well.
>> If the course is successful, as it is iterated, so too should new groups
>> of students be available to help out as well. With any luck this will be
>> self-sustaining.
>> > I have created a wiki page:
>> >

>> I'll add this to the wiki right now.
>> -Joan