couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: kicking the tyres - improving the website, wiki, docs
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:09:23 GMT
The problem with the website is that we have no-one in the committer
team that wants to own the website. So all our designs come from
well-meaning community members. That means that, during assessing
their appropriateness, we descend in to design-by-committee hell, and
nothing ever happens. For this to work, I suspect that someone in the
committer team needs to take ownership of the site, and be responsible
for working with a designer and working with the community to produce
a new site. It's gonna be a drawn out process, and it's going to
involve saying "no" to a bunch of people, but it needs to be done.

I wasn't aware of any ongoing discussion about the wiki?

I'll let Jan, or someone from CouchBase, fill us in on where they are
with the docs.