couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB new docs proposal
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:23:21 GMT
Let's forget about the format or the toolchain for now, they're bikesheds.

What is the goal of this effort?

We want documentation in the source, sure. But why? What kind of
documentation is it going to be? What topics will it cover? Can anyone come
up with a suggested outline for it? i.e. Table of Contents

Secondly, who's going to be use it, and in what situation? Typical
use scenarios please!

Thirdly, who's going to write it?

Once we have that nailed down, we can move forward sensibly.