couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB new docs proposal
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:35:07 GMT

On Nov 26, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> On 26 November 2011 14:25, Robert Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
>> +1 for Latex
>
> Hi Robert, all,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to read all that!
>
> Specific design & tools aside, are you willing to support at least the
> principle of upgrading/improvement of the documentation?

Yes of course, I'm not fundamentally opposed to any technology. I was only seconding the suggestion
of the use of LaTEX as I find it superior to docbook in every way. It seems to me that if
we want
the programmers to contribute a lot of this content then something like Markdown, Org, or
even just plain text would be the easiest