couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git commit: Start/Stop CouchDB aronud JS CLI tests.
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:05:05 GMT

On Nov 11, 2011, at 03:20 , Randall Leeds wrote:

> Can someone turn this into a ticket?

Good call, thanks for the nudge.

> Sounds like we need port=0 and a trap command.

I made one for each:

> Also, I noticed that running the tests directly seems to start/stop
> the server but make check doesn't? Is that correct?

`make check` now runs the JS cli tests as well, but I think you mean
the etap tests. There, you are correct, as individual tests will
start CouchDB as they need it. Most tests just test individual modules
and don't even launch a fully fledged CouchDB instance. The JS tests all
need a running instance, hence the difference.

Cheers
Jan