couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locking down the wiki
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:06:33 GMT

On Oct 21, 2011, at 18:57 , Noah Slater wrote:

> Sounds good to me.

"Open a JIRA to get a wiki account" sounds very bad to me.

I understand we gotta get the spam under control, but asking
people to sign up in two places and put a potentially long
manual setup process will kill almost any contribution energy.
Heck, I try to avoid the wiki as much as I can as is.

<insert handwavey suggestion to a better alternative>

(I got nothing for now apart from moving to a better wiki, sorry)

Cheers
Jan