couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:54:11 GMT
On Oct 21, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2011, at 21:26 , Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>
>> Hmmm ... that's all well and good, but I envision more confusion ensuing in the case
where we have multiple possible values for '1.1.1' floating around the internet than I do
in the case where we have '1.1.1-rc1', '1.1.1-rc2', and eventually one single immutable '1.1.1'.
 Best,

> I really like the idea of immutable tags, now that we can have them and the final move
from x.y.z-rcX to x.y.z for the passed release including keeping tags for votes that were
turned down.

> I'm also totally happy to call it x.y.z-vote1, -vote2 etc. to avoid confusion with RC
releases that are releases as defined by the Apache release procedure that I know other projects
do.

> Cheers
> Jan

Good suggestion on the -vote1 suffix instead of -rc1.  Gets my vote.  Best,

Adam