couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 2
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:04:23 GMT

On Oct 21, 2011, at 18:53 , Noah Slater wrote:

> Actually, I think I'm going to give this a -1 without testing it.
>
> We still haven't ratified how releases are meant to work with Git, so I
> don't see that we can make a release at the present time. We need to agree
> on how we're going to do this, and document it in both the release procedure
> and test procedure before we can proceed.

I think the silent consensus to not change the procedure for stable branches
and ongoing votes.

And I don't buy the "incomplete wiki documentation" missing the git and still
having the SVN commands in there argument. I don't argue we should not fix it
all up (we should!), but plenty of people had no trouble casting a vote that
I'd say it'd be okay to run this release with "wrong" instructions (that we
only had for two or so releases so far anyway and that we had to amend each
time to clarify, so this -1 could be retroactively apply to these previous
releases).

That said, if this community decides we should sort out the git/tagging issue
first and update the Test Procedure wiki page before releasing or even voting
on 1.1.1, I'd be fine with that.

Cheers
Jan