couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Somov <trophyb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Git to SVN
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:34:31 GMT
>The only platform I know of where git works less than brilliantly is
>Windows, which ones are you struggling with?
I think the picture is slightly different. On Windows, Git is just ugly and
awful, you have to install and configure a zillion of tools to get finally
_incomplete_ support. I do not want to start a DVCS war here. It is not the
proper place. And I do not argue the decision to use Git for CouchDB. I just
want to get up-to-date sources.
Yes, I tried Windows and I failed.

The main platform is Ubuntu 11.04. Only here I can really run the etap
tests.
I am afraid the real problem is that the proxy setting is not respected
somewhere. Because I _could_ clone the Git repository via an Eclipse plugin
(pure Java Git implementation) using Eclipse's proxy definition. But the
quality of the Eclipse plugin is so low that I could not go any further.
When I try the command line, Git fails to connect to the server. All the
other applications work properly. Git is installed via the standard Ubuntu
way.

I even tryed the 'hg-git' to get the sources via Mercurial (because
Mercurial works for me like a charm on both Ubuntu and Windows).
Unfortunately, it also has the problems with proxy definition.

I do not want to waste your time trying to solve it.

I just want to know whether I can somehow get access to the latest source.

-
Andrey