couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:40:55 GMT
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 2;
>
> * Remove basename() dependency, fixing Windows build.
>
> Git Note:
>
> While there is no current 1.1.1 tag in our git repository, there was such a tag
> during round 2, which you may still have locally. It will be created again when
> a round is successful, and a 'git pull --tags' will correctly update
> your tag. It is
> advisable, however, to simply delete this tag locally with 'git tag -d 1.1.1'.
> Future releases will not create any interim tags, so this is a
> one-time procedure.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from:
> af7a6ae52890c6c158615068f2a48d40c52ec538
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.

Greetings,

I'm +1 for the release.

Everything checked out and worked *ahem* without a hiccup on Ubuntu
10.10 against xulrunner-1.9.2.23. (Pro Tip: check your
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xulrunner.conf after `apt-get upgrade`)

Browser tests worked with Chromium in incognito mode ... for whatever
that's worth.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee