couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject futon tests (Was: Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release)
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:00:16 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 21:25 , Sam Bisbee wrote:
>
>> Yeah, it looks like it's just an unstable test. Which makes me wonder
>> why we even have it or include it in the release process.
>
> It is only unstable in certain environments and we are constantly improving all tests
to be more stable in all environments, but the browser world is harsh :)

I'm all for improvement. :) But is this improvement being tracked
anywhere, JIRA or otherwise? And if not, then could it be? I'm sure
that folks (self included) would be willing to pitch in if we knew
what had to be done.

> I'd still consider having the test better than not having it at all :)

I semi remember this being discussed before, but are the Futon tests
meant to test CouchDB, Futon, or the integration of the two?

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee