couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:05:59 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Shouldn't it be fixed in r144b04?
>>
>> Nop, not fixed in r14b04 unfortunately.
>> And it's independent of the couch codebase, since all start the crypto
>> application.
>>
>>> ALso I don't reproduce it at all on
>>> refuge when running tests, s it may be due to the way we compile
>>> couch.
>>>
>>> - benoit
>>>

>> --
>> Filipe David Manana,

>>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."
>>

> Like I said i've no problem on refuge though. Yes all apps starts
> crypt but here:
>

> 2> crypto:start().
> ok
> 3> init:restart().
> ok
> 4> Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [rq:4]
> [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>
> Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
> 1>
>

> works. So it maybe  not related to crypto or openssl.

The openssl issue didn't happen always, only sometimes.
Try running the following bash loop against trunk/refuge:

$ for i in `seq 1 1000`; do curl -s -H 'Content-Type:
application/json' -X POST http://localhost:5984/_restart ; sleep 1;
done

Se then if you get a bus error, seg fault or the vm simply doesn't
restart and no error gets sent to the console.

--
Filipe David Manana,