couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:17:33 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> This is the release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>>
>> Changes in this release:
>>
>> * Support SpiderMonkey 1.8.5
>> * Add configurable maximum to the number of bytes returned by _log.
>> * Allow CommonJS modules to be an empty string.
>> * Bump minimum Erlang version to R13B02.
>> * Do not run deleted validate_doc_update functions.
>> * ETags for views include current sequence if include_docs=true.
>> * Fix bug where duplicates can appear in _changes feed.
>> * Fix bug where update handlers break after conflict resolution.
>> * Fix bug with _replicator where include "filter" could crash couch.
>> * Fix crashes when compacting large views.
>> * Fix file descriptor leak in _log
>> * Fix missing revisions in _changes?style=all_docs.
>> * Improve handling of compaction at max_dbs_open limit.
>> * JSONP responses now send "text/javascript" for Content-Type.
>> * Link to ICU 4.2 on Windows.
>> * Permit forward slashes in path to update functions.
>> * Reap couchjs processes that hit reduce_overflow error.
>> * Status code can be specified in update handlers.
>> * Support provides() in show functions.
>> * _view_cleanup when ddoc has no views now removes all index files.
>> * max_replication_retry_count now supports "infinity".
>> * Fix replication crash when source database has a document with empty ID.
>> * Fix deadlock when assigning couchjs processes to serve requests.
>> * Fixes to the document multipart PUT API.
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
>> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
>> results and vote to this thread.
>>
>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>>
>> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>>
>> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>>
>>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>>
>> These artifacts have been built from the 1.1.1 tag in Git:
>>
>> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
>> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
>> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
>> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>>
>> Since you have read this far, you MUST vote.
>>

> make check pass, but when running js tests I got the following error
> (reproducible from time to time) :
>
> [info] [<0.1915.0>] Stopping all ongoing replications because the
> replicator database was deleted or changed
> Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
> Segmentation fault: 11
>
> configuration : rb1404, osx lion (last update)

That's likely the OpenSSL issue on Lion. If init:restart/0 is invoked
and the crypto application was loaded (CouchDB's case) the VM crashes
with either a bus error, segmentation fault or no error message at
all.

Have you tried building OTP like in https://gist.github.com/1199903 ?

I had exactly the same issue.

--