couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/3] git commit: improve argument parsing in couchjs
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:23:57 GMT
Right, I was saying we should change the help text so that it says
enable so as to convey the intention of this option.

By default the bindings are disabled so that they are guaranteed to
not be available to scripts running map/reduce stuff. They only get
enabled when running the Futon tests from the command line.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> The help output says "install" so that's what I'm going on. My point being, either the
cURL bindings are enabled at install time or they're not. I don't see why this command would
let you change that, or "install" them.

> On 2 Oct 2011, at 19:14, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> s/install/enable/ ?

>>> Why is this in the command line options to the script? Either they are enabled
at install time, or they are not. A script like this should not be talking about "installing"
anything. Right?