couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 02:24:43 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> Honestly, I stopped caring about 50 emails ago. Next time I cut a
>> release I'll read the CliffsNotes.
>

> We're close to the end here, Paul. Your (constructive) input would be
> valued. ;)

AFAICT there's some discussion about some stuff and some discussion
that's pretty much what I said in the very first email except
s/rel/release/ s/rc/vote/ which is fine. Using vote is better than rc
because its more obvious what's meant.

For the contents of the tag message itself, I couldn't care less
really. Anything we add is going to be more helpful than the SVN
version. Though honestly, when's the last time anyone actually
*looked* at a tag commit message for useful information. I can tell
you exactly how many times I have. Zero. If I want to know the change
log I check it out and and read the file appropriately named CHANGES.

As to massively restructuring our development and maintenance
patterns, I pretty much just ignored all of that. I mean, if we want
to change that, then sure, we can discuss that sort of thing in a
thread that's not about what to name release branches and tags.

So yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU