couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git to SVN
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 18:21:34 GMT
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2011, at 1:16 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>

>> On Oct 7, 2011, at 19:02 , Chris Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> It looks to me as though the commits aren't flowing into the github
>>> mirror, but if we get that turned back on, github at least offers tar
>>> ball downloads.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/
>>
>> The reasoning here is that this is an SVN mirror and SVN is currently not being written
to. In the light that this is an experiment, we should probably wait to update the git mirror
until we know we do not have to revert back to SVN.

>> Robert Newson and I discussed this briefly on IRC and we'd like to suggest to make
one more commit to SVN that explains the situation which then gets mirrored out so that user
can see the new home. Any other suggestions are more than welcome, too :)

>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>
> I wouldn't mind hearing from Paul, but I'm not sure that nicety is worth the annoyance
of having the r/o svn mirror repository diverge from the writeable one.  We spent quite a
few cycles ensuring that the commit hashes are the same.  I guess we could always force-push
later, but that's a rather nasty thing to do in its own right.  Regards,

> Adam

I agree with Adam. Though we should update the website to point at Git
now that I think about it.