couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:57:05 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Filipe David Manana
>> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:

ID.

>>> That's likely the OpenSSL issue on Lion. If init:restart/0 is invoked
>>> and the crypto application was loaded (CouchDB's case) the VM crashes
>>> with either a bus error, segmentation fault or no error message at
>>> all.
>>>
>>> Have you tried building OTP like in https://gist.github.com/1199903 ?
>>>
>>> I had exactly the same issue.

>> Shouldn't it be fixed in r144b04?
>
> Nop, not fixed in r14b04 unfortunately.
> And it's independent of the couch codebase, since all start the crypto
> application.
>
>> ALso I don't reproduce it at all on
>> refuge when running tests, s it may be due to the way we compile
>> couch.
>>
>> - benoit
>>

> --
> Filipe David Manana,

>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

Like I said i've no problem on refuge though. Yes all apps starts
crypt but here:

2> crypto:start().
ok
3> init:restart().
ok
4> Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [rq:4]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
1>

works. So it maybe  not related to crypto or openssl.

- benoit