couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 2
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 06:51:54 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the second release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> Changes since round 1;
>
> * Fix object sealing with SpiderMonkey 1.7.0
> * Update CHANGES/NEWS to reflect COUCHDB-1129
> * Fix JavaScript CLI test runner

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/1.1.1/
>
> Instructions for validating the release tarball can be found here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rnewson/dist/
>
> Instructions for testing the build artefacts can be found here:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 1.1.1 tag in Git:
>
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
> apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz.sha
>
> Test ALL the things.
>
> B.

+0 . tests doesn't pas on 0SX lion . I think at least READMe should be
updated to tell the user that OSX lion isn't a supported platform with
default openssl *if* this is the reason. It's unclear for me why from
time to time tests are ok.  On the other hand doing a POST /_restart
isn't an operatin we do often in production but I guess other
operations can affected too.

tests (js+ check + signature) are ok on other platforms tested
(freebsd 8.2 & osx 10.6) .

- benoît