couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 has been released
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:28:45 GMT
On 31 October 2011 15:07, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 has been released and is available for download:
>
>        http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> Changes in this release:
>
> * Support SpiderMonkey 1.8.5
> * Add configurable maximum to the number of bytes returned by _log.
> * Allow CommonJS modules to be an empty string.
> * Bump minimum Erlang version to R13B02.
> * Do not run deleted validate_doc_update functions.
> * ETags for views include current sequence if include_docs=true.
> * Fix bug where duplicates can appear in _changes feed.
> * Fix bug where update handlers break after conflict resolution.
> * Fix bug with _replicator where include "filter" could crash couch.
> * Fix crashes when compacting large views.
> * Fix file descriptor leak in _log
> * Fix missing revisions in _changes?style=all_docs.
> * Improve handling of compaction at max_dbs_open limit.
> * JSONP responses now send "text/javascript" for Content-Type.
> * Link to ICU 4.2 on Windows.
> * Permit forward slashes in path to update functions.
> * Reap couchjs processes that hit reduce_overflow error.
> * Status code can be specified in update handlers.
> * Support provides() in show functions.
> * _view_cleanup when ddoc has no views now removes all index files.
> * max_replication_retry_count now supports "infinity".
> * Fix replication crash when source database has a document with empty ID.
> * Fix deadlock when assigning couchjs processes to serve requests.
> * Fixes to the document multipart PUT API.
> * Fixes regarding file descriptor leaks for databases with views.
>
> Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and
> indexed in a MapReduce
> fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental replication
> with bi-directional
> conflict detection and resolution.
>
> CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any
> environment that allows
> HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that make
> this even easier from
> your programming language of choice. CouchDB's built in Web
> administration console speaks
> directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your browser.
>
> CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language
> ideal for building
> concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design
> that is easily scalable
> and readily extensible.
>
> By Gelfling hand or else by none,
> B.

Another round of awesome!! Thanks Bob!

A belated +1 from:
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
CouchDB built from the new delicious git tag.

curl-7.21.7
icu-4.4.2
js-1.8.5 & js-1.8.0 aka tracemonkey-57a6ad20eae9
openssl-1.0.0d
wxMSW-2.8.11

tested on Windows, portable firefox 6.0.1.

I've done the usual windows incantations here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/Releases/1.1.1/ and I'll
move these onto my slightly more respectable unofficial github repo in
the next day or so.

These are the first builds done entirely using the SDK 7.0 and JS185
if you choose that version, so I am keen to hear back if people
experience any problems. Or in fact are using it at all ;-)

A+
Dave