couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1.1
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 18:36:53 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:31, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> > Thanks all, I've pushed the change to 1.1.x. make check and futon all
> > pass; review would still be nice. :) I simply reverted the two
> > commits.
> >
> > B.
> >

> That was awfully quick. :/ I would prefer to make this a social
> contract by doing something along the lines of requiring people to run
> ./configure --yes-really-give-me-1.8.5
>
> Removing support completely seems awfully counter productive.

Especially given that it works fine for me on Ubuntu 11.04 and with the
1.8.5 tarball download without the paren thing. The only place I've seen the
paren hack be necessary is when I tried with the js bundled in Debian
unstable's iceweasel, which purports to be some form of version 185
according to jsversion.h.

If there's no _official_ release of a separate tarball of SpiderMonkey 1.8.5
which doesn't work with Paul's paren commit reverted then I say we keep it
in 1.1.1. If distributions are still packaging the spidermonkey from inside
an iceweasel/xulrunner build for 1.8.5 it's on them. Mozilla released that
thing officially and it works here.

-R