couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 3
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:55:57 GMT
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 06:17, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Oct 28, 2011, at 14:49 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> >> That's why  wanted to get opinions from others devs. But noone looks
> >> interested by this problem.
> >>
> >> If most are thinking this is a none issue, I would be quite
> >> disappointed but that's OK. I would prefer to give all the information
> >> to the user anyway and if it requires we go for a quick round 4,  I
> >> would prefer to follow that way.
> >
> > As far as I understand, this is an edge case and I am not worried to not
> > have a note in that in the Readme for 1.1.1.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jan
> > --
> >

> mmm ok, thanks for the feedback.
>
> I'm +0 (and that's the first time among releases) . I will oopen a
> ticket about that. I'm not sure this is an edge case or not. I don't
> understand why it works or not, and why after 500 loop on restart
> etc..

I'm sorry I haven't been more helpful with this, Benoit, but I don't have
the hardware to test it. Since I've only heard a repro case involving
/_restart I'm not worried enough about a release without a note to retract
my +1. However, much respect for your +0. That sounds like the right thing.
I'm glad it doesn't bother you enough for a -1.

I would be more comfortable if we could verify that /_restart is the only
reliable way to trigger this. I'll go back and read about the changes and
see if there's any way I can reason that out from the armchair.

-Randall