couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 2
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:52:03 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> I think the silent consensus to not change the procedure for stable
> branches
> and ongoing votes.

Could you clarify?

> And I don't buy the "incomplete wiki documentation" missing the git and
> still
> having the SVN commands in there argument. I don't argue we should not fix
> it
> all up (we should!), but plenty of people had no trouble casting a vote
> that
> I'd say it'd be okay to run this release with "wrong" instructions (that we
> only had for two or so releases so far anyway and that we had to amend each
> time to clarify, so this -1 could be retroactively apply to these previous
> releases).

Oh, just to clarify, the Test Procedure is not blocking the release. That's
a nice to have feature, and we can fix it up after the fact. Though I would
not say no if someone wanted to fix it up now, in time for the third round
of voting.

That said, if this community decides we should sort out the git/tagging
> issue
> first and update the Test Procedure wiki page before releasing or even
> voting
> on 1.1.1, I'd be fine with that.

This is the blocking issue, for me. The tagging and branching discussion
happening in a parallel thread is bringing up some pretty major concerns for
me, and I don't think we've nailed a consensus yet. This blocks the release
from my perspective, because this is will be first release we make from Git,
and whatever we do should match whatever our consensus is going forward.