couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Locking down the wiki
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:26:08 GMT
Hey,

On advice from Gavin McDonald, I'd like to suggest that we lock down the
wiki to a list of pre-approved users. To get approved to make edits, you
would submit a request to one of the mailing lists or to one of the wiki
admins or committers. That's it. It should remove the need to protect pages
like the "in the wild" stuff and the people on the couch. Other projects
have implemented this and they get absolutely no spam as a result.
Infrastructure suggested we move to it, and I wanna see what people think
about it.

More info here:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm

Look for the section:

per wiki access control - tighten your wiki just a little, benefit just a
lot

Thanks,