couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release, Round 2
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:53:49 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

That ignores the number of releases performed prior to the creation of
> that page. The release tarball contains the right stuff. Since the
> process is not fully automated and has never been fully documented, I
> don't think your -1 is fair.

Just to clarify again, I consider the official release procedure to be
blocking this release. It's not only out of date, it's being actively
contended in a parallel thread as we try to make this release. As this is
something we will be stuck with going forward, and as something other future
Apache projects will be stuck with, I think it's of paramount importance
that we reach consensus before we make the release.