couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 00:42:38 GMT
On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

> It would be terribly unfortunate if there was no trackable lineage between
> releases.  If version 1.2 does not contain version 1.1, then what does it
> contain?

I don't follow this comment at all. 1.2 does not necessarily have everything
1.1 has in it. They may even diverge when we get down to the bugfix version.
Releases are tagged from release branches which are split from trunk.
Sometimes we apply fixes to the release branches that we do not
"forward-port" to trunk or newer release branches. It's all there in the
version control system. Can you clarify?