couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 01:18:24 GMT
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

v1.7.4.4        Git 1.7.4.4
> v1.7.4.5        Git 1.7.4.5
> v1.7.5          Git 1.7.5
> v1.7.5-rc0      Git 1.7.5-rc0
> v1.7.5-rc1      Git 1.7.5-rc1
> v1.7.5-rc2      Git 1.7.5-rc2
> v1.7.5-rc3      Git 1.7.5-rc3
> v1.7.5.1        Git 1.7.5.1
> v1.7.5.2        Git 1.7.5.2
> v1.7.5.3        Git 1.7.5.3
> v1.7.5.4        Git 1.7.5.4
> v1.7.6          Git 1.7.6
> v1.7.6-rc0      Git 1.7.6-rc0
> v1.7.6-rc1      Git 1.7.6-rc1
> v1.7.6-rc2      Git 1.7.6-rc2
> v1.7.6-rc3      Git 1.7.6-rc3
> v1.7.6.1        Git 1.7.6.1
> v1.7.7-rc0      Git 1.7.7-rc0
>
>        I very well may be biased, but I don't find that confusing.

Oh, and by extension, I will give my -1 vote to any system that mixes these
two together. The release tag for X.Y.Z should be tied to an official
artefact of the Apache CouchDB project. A tag that doesn't pass the vote
should be deleted. The history is in the X.Y.x release branch. It has no
business cluttering up the tags, and no business confusing users about
whether it has been blessed by the project.