couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 06:06:09 GMT
On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>wrote:

So, do you have a real opinion on the Cc thing? I'm leaning toward dropping
> it and everything else except Signed-Off-By: Release Manager <releaser@
> ...>
> for the release tag. Simple.

Strikes me as needless complexity.

Let's leave it with a GPG signature and message pointing to the vote result.

Anything we didn't cover? Is this enough for someone to modify the release
> procedure wiki page to reflect what we will practise?

I think we have a good idea of what we're doing now.

Commit hashes for votes, and signed vanilla tags with link to the vote
results for releases.

Bob, are you able to write this up on the wiki as you go along, copying the
commands needed, etc?

Is this something we want to do for all our previous releases too?

Thanks!