couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2/3] git commit: improve argument parsing in couchjs
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:16:48 GMT

On 2 Oct 2011, at 12:14, randall@apache.org wrote:

>  * Adds long options

> +    "\n"
> +    "  -h, --help          display a short help message and exit\n"
> +    "  -V, --version       display version information and exit\n"
> +    "  -H, --http          install %s cURL bindings (only avaiable\n"
> +    "                      if package was built with cURL available)\n"
> +    "  --stack-size=SIZE   specify that the interpreter should set the\n"
> +    "                      the stack quota for JS contexts to SIZE bytes\n"

I don't think we should do this.

The main `couchdb` command does not have long options, and I was careful to make sure that
all the commands in the CouchDB package were consistent. The --stack-size doesn't have a short
version, which it absolutely should do. I would remove the long versions from this command
entirely, or less preferably, add long versions to the main `couchdb` command for consistency.