couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 00:25:13 GMT

On Oct 21, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> `git describe` would read something like 1.1.0-N-deadbeef, where N is the number of commits
since the last tag.  On .0 releases it would probably just be the commit hash since the commit
would not be a descendant of any tags.  It's a neat tool but I think it might confuse more
than illuminate.

	It would be terribly unfortunate if there was no trackable lineage between releases.  If
version 1.2 does not contain version 1.1, then what does it contain?

--
dustin sallings