couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git to SVN
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:16:49 GMT

On Oct 7, 2011, at 19:02 , Chris Anderson wrote:

> It looks to me as though the commits aren't flowing into the github
> mirror, but if we get that turned back on, github at least offers tar
> ball downloads.
>
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/

The reasoning here is that this is an SVN mirror and SVN is currently not being written to.
In the light that this is an experiment, we should probably wait to update the git mirror
until we know we do not have to revert back to SVN.

Robert Newson and I discussed this briefly on IRC and we'd like to suggest to make one more
commit to SVN that explains the situation which then gets mirrored out so that user can see
the new home. Any other suggestions are more than welcome, too :)

Cheers
Jan