couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Lee Coltrane" <...@projectmastermind.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 Release
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:54:52 GMT

FWIW, the patch attached to COUCHDB-1310
  (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1310)

will fix a great many (all, afaik) of the futon test "hangs" (the cases where
the tests get "stuck", and never complete).  Without this patch, I was
never able to get a complete run through the browser tests in 1.1.1 RC1.
With the patch, I still get test failures, but at least I can get through all the
tests without restarting the browser.

The patch is tiny -- it just swaps the order of two lines of code, in the
'/_restart' handler, so that the http response gets written *before* the server
is restarted (rather than after).

As test instability continues to be a hot topic, maybe this patch is worth
considering for inclusion in the next 1.1.1 RC?

-Lee