couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tweaking the release procedure
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:28:36 GMT
Paul, +1 to the broad strokes, but I'm a little confused about the specifics.  Do you really
want branch names to start with "branches/" and tag names to start with "tags/"?  Or is that
just a bit of abstraction leakage from the git internals?

Branch names like rel/1.1.x for non-rewriteable release branches are fine by me.  Tags like
rc/1.1.1rc1 and rel/1.1.1 I'm not so excited about.  Are you trying to use those prefixes
to enforce that the tags are immutable?  If so, then I guess it makes sense, though maybe
we don't need to repeat ourselves and instead use rc/1.1.1-1.

Bob, I think it's a good thing that copying the accepted release candidate to the final release
tag preserves the relationship between the two things.  I don't find it off-putting at all.

Thanks for getting this discussion going guys.

Adam