couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branching 1.2.x
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:25:58 GMT

On Sep 12, 2011, at 17:35 , Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'd like to branch 1.2.x today.

It wasn't exactly "today", but I thought I'd leave some more time for feedback (thanks for
all your feedback). As I didn't see any objections, I created the 1.2.x branch.

Happy backporting :)

Cheers
Jan
--

> 1) We are due for a release.
> 2) There's some good stuff in trunk that we should get into users hands.
> 3) We are starting to get patches that we want to have in trunk, but not in a release
just yet (hello COUCHDB-1270).

> To get 1) and 2) started and to unblock development on post-1.2.x trunk, I'd like to
branch 1.2.x.

> I know I have a list of tickets in JIRA that I'd like to see in JIRA and I'll be going
through JIRA and make my comments in there soon. If you'd like to see anything that we should
get into 1.2.x, please make your "vote" in JIRA.

> The fact that we branch 1.2.x won't mean we can't get more tickets in there, it's just
to unblock trunk for post-1.2.x commits. I hope this makes sense and I hope you all agree.