couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Somov <trophyb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: community of CouchDB developers in the Netherlands
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:26:51 GMT
Hi Dirkjan,
when I see the code like the one below (couch_server) I realize that I do
not understand the complete picture.
I do not get what is linked with what at the end.
I am wondering if someone can go through the code and explain it line by
line.
And I have severe difficulties to organize a working Erlang environment.

Do you have plans to attend any local conference in the nearest future ? (by
the way I live in Den Haag)

open_async(Server, From, DbName, Filepath, Options) ->
    Parent = self(),
    Opener = spawn_link(fun() ->
            Res = couch_db:start_link(DbName, Filepath, Options),
            gen_server:call(
                Parent, {open_result, DbName, Res, Options}, infinity
            ),
            unlink(Parent),
            case Res of
            {ok, DbReader} ->
                unlink(DbReader);
            _ ->
                ok
            end
        end),
    true = ets:insert(couch_dbs_by_name, {DbName, {opening, Opener,
[From]}}),
    true = ets:insert(couch_dbs_by_pid, {Opener, DbName}),
    DbsOpen = case lists:member(sys_db, Options) of
    true ->
        true = ets:insert(couch_sys_dbs, {DbName, true}),
        Server#server.dbs_open;
    false ->
        Server#server.dbs_open + 1
    end,