couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:10:34 GMT
SVN writes have been reenabled. Writable Git is on hold until further notice.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm also blocked. How come we didn't get told about this maintenance
> period? How do we find out when it will end?
>
> On 26 September 2011 17:49, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm also blocked. How come we didn't get told about this maintenance
>> period? How do we find out when it will end?
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 26 September 2011 14:13, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I missed the boat because of Funconf, but here's my +1 anyway. :D

writable VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible
we'll have to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for
any bugs that may crop up.

I would say Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a
few discussions on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's
the case if I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as
soon as I see the majority vote.