couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Unofficial Windows build
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:02:26 GMT
Hi everybody,

My unofficial Windows build process for CouchDB (1.1.0 or trunk) is
now documented [1] including all dependencies. Most is now scripted,
including Erlang, OpenSSL, Spidermonkey 1.8.x and 1.8.5, libCURL, ICU,
wxWidgets, so it ends up requiring only a single VC9 runtime.

This should be enough for others to get involved <hint>, but I will do
one more trunk build [2] before leaving. You only need a clean 64-bit
Windows 7 install, the free Windows SDK 7.0, and some patience to get
started, so please have a crack & let me know what needs fixing or

Personally, for the last couple of months I've been packing home &
family to move back to Europe, so I'll be offline for a few weeks
while we take a holiday and figure out which country to live in.

Finally, thanks to all of you who've helped with my programming after
a hiatus of more than a decade, especially fdmanana, janl, rnewson,
davisp, tilgovi, benoitc, and Microsoft who donated an MSDN licence
just around time I quit my day job :-). This is a great community to
be part of & I'm looking forwards to MOAR Couch in particular slipping
into some erlang next.

View raw message