couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting the Git Experiment
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 19:18:51 GMT
+1 much praise to Paul for this!

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Paul J. Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops, forgot that status update.
>
> I reran the scripts for the mirrors on git.apache.org using the same version of git-svn
I used to generate the last writable git repo. The result was that it calculated the same
hashes as what we had so I feel comfortable blaming this on the different git-svn versions.

> Bottom line, any project that already has a mirror on git.apache.org will just use that
as the basis for the new writable repo so that hashes will are preserved.

> On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>
>> +1 assuming the writeable repo has the same hashes as the current read-only mirror.
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> On Friday, September 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Paul J. Davis wrote:
>>
>> > Dear committers,
>> >
>> > We now have a green light from infrastructure to switch to using Git as our
writable VCS. This is to be considered a live experiment. If something breaks its possible
we'll have to revert back to SVN. But nothing will break and everyone will forgive me for
any bugs that may crop up.

>> > If there are no objections I would like to switch over soonish. Normally I would
say Monday to give people a chance to respond to this email but we've had quite a few discussions
on switching to Git already and no one has voiced opposition. Seeing as that's the case if
I get a majority of +1's from the committers I'll start disabling SVN access as soon as I
see the majority vote.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net